|Event||In-Game Masquerade Ball|
|Place||The Moresca Hall (361 Union Center Road, Ulster Park, NY 12487)|
|Time||5:00 P.M. to Midnight (Arrive at 2:00 P.M. to sign in). Date each year will be listed on the Calendar of Events.|
|Cost||$40 (+ option to purchase up to +5 build at $10 each.)|
- You receive 5-10 build depending on the admission you pay. You may NOT convert Service Points to Build at a Festival. RP points can be earned and converted as normal.
- It is a masquerade ball, please bring a mask.
- No combat is allowed. In-game, the Count has you check your weapons at the door (including Attuned items, which may be seperated from their owner in the Black Keep).
- There will be a feasting, dancing and entertainment.
- You will be allowed to learn any one skill as per the rules below.
- Due to limited parking, carpooling is encouraged if possible.
Addtional Details for each year's event will be posted on the Forums - please visit there for updates!
Sign in will begin at 3pm. Please plan to arrive on or slightly after that time. We wish to begin the game at 5pm, and we plan to close registration at 6pm. If you absolutely have to arrive after 6pm, send James an email to make sign-in arrangements. The ball will end at midnight.
Try to car pool if possible. Park very close together to maximize on space. If you begin to park along the driveway, than only park on one side, whichever side people are parked on. Do not park on the opposite side of other cars along the road, causing the road to be tightened too much. At any point in time a fire truck needs to have access to the main building.
All of the KR policies extend to this event as they would to any other one-day in-game event. Anyone found to be breaking any policies will be punished to the same degree as of at a full weekend event. In particular this reminder is being especially made in regards to alcohol. If you arrive intoxicated you will be turned away at the door.
Costuming and Make-Up
To reduce on waiting time, and maximize on play time, we strongly encourage you to dress-up prior to arriving at the hall. If you cannot, than their will be bathrooms in which you can dress.
The KR make-up kit will not be available. Plan your make-up needs ahead of time. You should attempt to do your make-up outside or in your car. Bring a mirror with you if you will need it. If you must do make-up in the bathroom, than bring a towel and lay it on the sink and be positive that you are not leaving behind makeup evidence.
Although Knight Realms will be preparing and providing food for a feast, we are going under the mindset that the more food the more of grand feast it may seem. So to that end, we are encouraging you to bring a dish to the Ball. This is not required, but doing so will get you extra service and in some cases build.
We are offering 500 SP for every cold dish or dessert, with no upper limit, and 1 build for a large Crockpot full of hot food with a maximum of one build per person.
Please check on the Forums before planning to bring food - a topic to discuss who is bringing what will be present, so that we may be organized and duplicates are not brought.
Mugs and Chalices
If you have your own In-Game mug or cup, you are highly encouraged to bring it.
Clean up for Feast
Please remember to throw away your plate when you are done eating so that it is not left on the tables to detract from the wonderful atmosphere.
Be respectful to the structure, and the place both inside and out. If the weather is good and we wander outside, be careful not to step on any flowers If you see the owner of the venue consider thanking her for her hospitality near the end of the night.
Cost to NPC at the Ball will be the reduced price of $20. You will get all the build for PCing, you get to self teach or learn skills just as a PC would. Every NPC who lets us know that they are coming by two weeks prior to the event will have a NPC role crafted for them by plot. Please send an email to James to let him know if you are coming to NPC.
We are not allowed to perform combat of any kind in the building.
Due to the nature of the Black Keep, Attuned weapons are able to be kept apart from their owners while there, and held by the guards. (This is to help enforce the out of game mechanic that we are not supposed to have weapons.)
Commodities and Created Items
Commodity cards will not be handed out or accepted for build. Wild Mage spells and envelopes will not be handed out. You will be allowed to perform creating skills such as creating scrolls, smithing, alchemy, manuscripts, etc., provided the resources you need (such as a forge or altar) are present.
- To earn the benefit to a free skill you must purchase at least one extra build.
- You must have all the normal pre-requisites
- You must have the build available. You may use build you earned at the Ball.
- You may learn a Lower List, Lower List Skill, or Higher List Skill, this includes racial skills. You may NOT learn a Higher List.
- You may NOT teach yourself a skill you already know, or Body or Career Points. You must do this at an Event or Festival.
- You may not learn or teach any additional skills beyond the freebee without direct approval from the Director.
- All lores and literacy skills learned via the free skill benefit will be looked at closely and may be declined by the director. If said skill is declined for any reason the player will be able to choose another in its place. This is to prevent players from learning skills that normal characters would have no easy way of accessing such as "Literacy: Demon" and to prevent off the wall requests such as "Lore: Birth of the Universe."
You can play two characters. After you have paid in full for the first character your second character is 20$ and all build baught for the first character transfers to the all characters paid for.
First Character + all build: $40 +$10 +$10 +$10 +10 +10 = $90
Second Character + all build: $20 + $0 + $0 + $0 +0 +0 = $20
Any additional characters equals the same as the second character.
Any character that you pay for can get the full benefits of the ball in regards to skill teaching and build gained.